Facebook is the hottest social media network in the world.
Facebook has now become a habit for everyone. Facebook has entered everyone’s lives so effortlessly.
Sharing has become easier in this Facebook age. It may be our private lives or politics Facebook has made sharing the information very easy.
It’s important to look into the numbers of Facebook usage to get a full picture of how its usage has changed over the years.
Let’s dive into the topic to discover the numbers about Facebook.
Daily and Monthly Active Users of Facebook
- In 2012, Facebook was the first social network to surpass 1 billion users. Currently, Facebook has over 2.7 billion monthly active users(MAUs).
- Every month, 56.89% of the active internet users in the world access Facebook.
- 33.41% of the population in the world is monthly Facebook users.
- Currently, Facebook has an average of 1.73 daily active users(DAUs).
- Every day, 37.85% of the active internet users in the world access Facebook.
- 22.23% of the population in the world access Facebook every day.
Growth Rate of Facebook Users
- Facebook has 500,000 new user accounts added every day. Which is equal to 6 new profiles every second.
- Facebook’s growth rate of daily active users is around 7.8% year-over-year.
- The average revenue for the most significant growth rates in Asia-Pacific and other countries is around $2.11 – $2.96.
- If the growth rate was the same in the US and Canada, the average revenue would be around $34.86 per user.
- 75% of Facebook’s revenue is generated from North America and Europe.
Facebook Ad Statistics
- According to Facebook, 94% of its Ad revenue is from mobile and 6% is through a desktop.
- In 2019, the average price for Facebook Ads has decreased by 6%.
- Ad impressions had a 37% increase in the price, marketers had the advantage of getting the most out of their ad dollars in 2020.
- The average cost per click (CPC) is found to be $1.72 the benchmark number for Facebook Ad across all the industries.
- According to Pew Research, one-third of the US Facebook users have been listed on the ad preferences page with 21 categories. A further 27% of Facebook users have 10-20 categories listed.
Mobile Users Vs Desktop Users
- In 2020, 98% of Facebook users are accessing Facebook with devices.
- 79% of these users only use phones to access Facebook.
- 19% of the users access Facebook with both desktop and mobile.
- And only 1.9% of the Facebook users access through the desktop.
Facebook User Demographics
- The typical user demographics of Facebook in the US are 75% female versus 63% male.
- Facebook users are mostly aged 18-49 years.
- Facebook groups with most users earn income more than $75k per year.
- The next closest group on Facebook earns around $30-$75k.
Facebook Users by Country
- India is the leading country in terms of the Facebook audience with 310 million Facebook users.
- The other markets with more than 100 million users are the United States with 190 million, Indonesia with 140 million, and Brazil with 130 million Facebook users.
Traffic Times on Facebook
- The best traffic times to use Facebook are weekdays between 9 am and 3 pm where the most engagement is seen on posts.
- Wednesday is the best day for targeting the posts specifically at 11 am, and 1 am.
Average Time spent on Facebook
- An average time spent by Facebook users on the social media platform is of 58.5 minutes.
- In other social media sites like Instagram and Snapchat, users spend almost the same amount of time 53 minutes and 49.5 minutes respectively.
How Many People Are Employed in Facebook
- Facebook had 44,942 full-time employees according to the records from Facebook’s investor report in 2019.
- It has increased to 52,534 full-time employees as of June 30, 2020.
Fun Facts about Facebook
- Facebook does have around 4 billion video views every day.
- 85% of Facebook users watch videos with no sound.
- 80% of the users get annoyed when videos are played with sound ON.
- 350 million photos are uploaded every day on Facebook. 14.58 million photos are uploaded per hour, and 243,000 photos are uploaded per minute. 4,000 photos are uploaded per second.
- Facebook-owned applications have a combined 16 billion downloads.
- Over the last 10 years, Facebook has 4.6 billion downloads.
- Facebook has 36% of the top stories related to politics.
- Facebook has around 120 million fake users.
- 74% of Facebook users visit the website daily.
- Cristiano Ronaldo is the most famous person to be followed on Facebook with 122 million subscribers.
- Every minute Facebook has 400 new sign-ups.
- Facebook has 22% of the world’s total population.
- Users access Facebook eight times on average every day.
- Every day, 35 million people update statuses on Facebook.
- An average Facebook user has 155 friends, but trust only four of them.